Thursday, April 01, 2010

They're all over...

...just not here.

The pager is spouting tales of Black Redstarts in flocks now. 7 at Boulmer a mere 2 miles away was the best count but singles and pairs and threes were well distributed. Tonight it was straight in from work, changed and off to...

...well, along the road to the coast actually. Whilst a plethora of Black Reds at my old main stomping ground was very tempting, I didnt need to go to see them. Someone had already done that, so I checked the Howick coastline from Cullernose to Howick Haven in the hope of adding to the tally. Unfortunately I didnt find any.

All I could muster in the 45 minutes or so was 26 Eider and a nice high tide roost containing 100 Oystercatchers, 7 Bar tailed Godwits, 10 Knot, 4 Grey Plover, 7 Turnstone and a single Purple Sandpiper.

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

I have the moth trap on for the first time this week but its only 3 degrees  and crystal clear so I cant see there being much to count in the morning...

No comments: