Saturday, April 04, 2009

Today I've been mostly...

Climbing up to our chimney with JWR to carry out repairs...



Above - Him and me up there, in the wind.



Above - Fred Dibnah about to get started...




Above - The reason for all of this, one knackered flue...



Above - Too dangerous even for Jackdaws...

But while up on the scaffold I took these photos from an angle I hope I'll never see again. Till tomorrow anyway...



Above - West. The view from the Kitchen.



Above - North West, again, visible from the Kitchen.



Above - South West,not visible from inside the house, looking toward the tiny village hall.



Above - And finally East over the garden looking across the village to the sea.

6 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Wow Stewart - what will you be up to next?

Wonderful views from the Chimney Penthouse and that scaffolding does look very secure.

What a lovely cottage you have and a very special place with stunning views and surrounding.

Sigh.....

Alan Tilmouth said...

I had to read to the end and go back and recheck, I was waiting for the mega from the scaffolding.

Steve Gale said...

I'm bloody envious...

Stewart said...

T - It is secure, but doesn't feel like it climbing that ladder!
AT - I forgot to mention the Black Kite...
SG - What? Envious of stripping a filthy chimney? :)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, Stewart. Looks a fantastic place to be residing. Lucky you.

Northumbrian Birding said...

You must be tempted to take your scope up and add to your garden list !!!!!!!!!
Brian