Thursday, April 02, 2009

Remember this April Fool...

This Belted Kingfisher turned up in Staffs on 1st April 2005. It led every one a merry dance down there, but not me, I was working that weekend. Luckily for me, while everyone was away twitching the Belter, Jimmy Steele found a Franklin's Gull at Woodhorn and I was watching the bird within 10 minutes of its finding. It took until the 7th when the Kingfisher was miraculously relocated up in Aberdeen for me to get one of my first digiscoped efforts, right...Doesn't time fly.

7 comments:

Ipin said...

If I remember correctly I was in the Czech republic...

Alan Tilmouth said...

I've given up trying to remember correctly.

Alan Tilmouth said...

Forgot to send you this link thought you might like it http://www.jmoudesluys.com/

abbey meadows said...

I remember that well...I saw neither of them!

John Malloy said...

Dipped it in Staff and E Yorks then could not get to Aberdeen until the following Sat (I think), it moved on that morning.... Messed up on the amur wag at the same time grr. Highlight for me that weekend was the Arcot GG Shrike and Common Crane at Beal!

Tricia Ryder said...

Time flies alarmingly fast Stewart. But what a bird for a first digi-scoping attempt!

Like Alan - I've given up trying to remember too :)

Ghost of Stringer said...

dipped it in staffs, dipped it in yorks and then dipped it in Aberdeen !! ARSE !!