Monday, July 14, 2008

Odds 'n' Sods...

Last evening we took Bunty for a walk down the Low Steads road. The Little Owl showed well on wires and telegraph poles almost up to Longhoughton Football field.

This morning I was at work in Ashington when 21 Crossbills flew west over the Technical College. Obviously migrants, there is absolutely nothing for them in East Ashington ( or for any other living creature for that matter!)

Tonight at Seaton Point one or two Whimbrels were whistling around the shore.

On yesterdays post I was too engrossed in looking for plants and butterflies I forgot the birds, not that there were many. In Corby Crags wood though there were a good few Lesser Redpoll families and a Siskin or two buzzing around the young conifer plantations. It seems that they have done well up here.

3 comments:

foggy said...

have noticed your blog links are not working on your site although it could be my computer

Warren Baker said...

21 crossbills! send some down here mate!

Stewart said...

F - Ok at this end? It might be something to do with your 'feed' settings ( I have no idea what it is either!) Look through the blogger settings on dashboard for it...

WB - Keep looking or should I say listening. Invasions here are always June or July. I pick them up on call as they 'chip clip' overhead...in the strangest of places.