Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Down at Seaton Point tonight the tide was well up. The sea was choppy again thanks to the easterly breeze. A few waders here included 9 Dunlin, 2 Ringed Plover but suprisingly 2 Grey Plovers were still here. I say 'still here' because usually all have gone by now and returning birds don't appear until August so I can't see these being on their way back so early.

Quite a few gulls and odd Sandwich Terns were loafing around including 30+ Great black backs.

Stonechats, Linnets and Reed Buntings are all feeding fledged young in the caravan site...

Thanks to Ipin for a loan of his new 'Watching Dragonflies' book for my hols. You never know I might even buy my own copy ...( Steady...not until his is all dog eared!) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats happening stew everyone is going flower and drangon fly mad
i just can not get into flowers drangonflys well maybe one day .

Stewart said...

Things can be contagious you know Chris. Look at all the bloggers now! I've always been interested in all kinds of natural history, in fact before birds I started on butterflies as a bairn! The thing is, insects and flowers are only for about4 months up here, the other 8 are for birds and mammals...Open your mind to the bigger picture, you might be suprised...

Ipin said...

A dog-eared book will match the rest of my library! Enjoy your trip, look forward to seeing the piccies....Might have to go rarity hunting..ahem..go on some work site visits..in Boulmer next week!