Friday, November 09, 2007

Moderate NW5, fair, cool.

A 25 minute seawatch at Boulmer before work this morning was generally quiet but I did manage a nice group of 2 adult and 2 juv Pomarine Skuas flying S and a tight party of 4 Little Auks N.

Putting my meagre offering into context on the pager today, Little Auks have reached record numbers up here, with the highest day total being from the Farnes where a massive 18,713 flew past! ( I hope they didn't only have 18,712 and a juvvy Puffin...).

Elswhere in the region 5381 past Whitburn, 3470 St Mary's Island, Whitley Bay and 1100 Hartlepool.

Often Little Auks are a 'here today, gone tomorrow' species so I hope there's a few still to be had tomorrow.

Remember where you read it first...( see Tuesday's post).

143. Little Auk.

2 comments:

darrell j prest said...

well predicted,though its always during the working week when this stuff happens!

Stewart said...

I bet there's one on the With!