Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Surfie Seconds...

 On Monday night after work, I couldnt resist popping along the road to see if I could get the Surf Scoter while I was actually on patch, rather than just watching the bird on the patch from beyond. After a spell without any sign, tonight the sea had a bigger swell with some quite large waves rolling in making viewing more tricky. Then all of a sudden up it popped. This time it was only half the range of yesterdays views and was well lit in the evening sun. All of its features could be appreciated, including that daft 'zoom lolly' of a bill... 

To be fair, I am well pleased with this. Sea Ducks are not in large numbers on my patch so to get one of these actually on the sea rather than a fly by was never expected....

Pity I forgot to take my phone, I might have improved on the phone scoped efforts... I took notes instead and worked them up later...



  The only other things of note seen were 3 Common Sandpipers together pushed by the tide onto one rock and a Painted Lady butterfly, only my second this year. Speaking of butterflies reminds me, the first Autumn Holly Blue was out in our garden yesterday...

No comments: