Sunday, May 18, 2014

A right motley crew here...

All quiet on the bird front this weekend. I went up to the Long Nanny on the off chance the yellowshank was still there but no joy. Other than that, I've just been pottering around the garden. The variety of life just around the house is amazing, if you  just take time to look...


Whitethroat, Newton Pool

Skylark, Long Nanny.

A few insects associated with the moth trap this weekend too -

Peach Blossom
Flame Shoulder
Lunar Thorn

Woodlouse Spider

Both of these Ladybirds are variations of 10-spot Ladybird
Tree Wasp, eating our garden seat....for nest pulp.


4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wow, such great photos. I love the straight on shot of the bird. I don't believe I've ever seen one like it.

JWR said...

Youve done well with those bird shots, thats what happens when you havent got a fat lump trailing around with you.. ;0)

Stewart said...

Thanks Carol...

Amanda Peters said...

Great set of photos, I especially like the photo of the Whitethroat and love the moths..
Amanda x