Monday, July 15, 2013

Birthday...

The 15th July 2006 I started this blog...here

A few things have changed on here in the last seven years thats for sure...since I moved to Howick in 2009 I have branched out from birding, as many of my friends keep reminding me, into all things natural. This isnt the big change that some people think, I have always been a naturalist rather than a birder right from childhood, but most people know me through birding, thats all.

I can recommend it to anyone, especially those who grumble about summer doldrums between migration seasons. These days I never have a quiet day out, there is always something to go in the notebook.There is a whole lot of wildlife out there to look for yet....

Who knows, I might do another seven years...or maybe I'll get the itch and think it time to change.

Corn Spurrey

2 comments:

Steve Gale said...

Happy birthblog Stewart, I always look forward to your posts. More sketches though, it's a talent you should share with us all on a more regular basis.

Ipin said...

How times have changed. your next post from 2006 was a corn bunting on your patch. Now probably extinct in coastal Northumberland. Keep up the good work