Sunday, June 16, 2013

My 1300th post!

I've just noticed that this is my 1300th post on this blog since it began in July 2006. I wonder what I would have done with the time I would have saved if I had not set up the blog...hohum...

Juvvies...
Around about the garden today, a male Great spotted Woodpecker brought one of its young in to our feeders. It didnt get much peace thanks to the woodpigeons banging about, so I missed the feeding shot. This is the young one on our garden wall, where it was later joined by a rabbit. Bizzarre.

Campion
This is a Campion from last nights catch. Only my second record with the last being in 2010. I diligently scour the Lychnis moths in case I am missing them but they are quite distinctive being a bit darker and having a tinge of paraffin pink to them.


Coxcomb Prominent
Coxcomb Prominent was the pick of the rest, a nice quiet moth, a doddle to photograph.


Also of interest were two Poplar Hawk-moths, one being only half the size of the bog standard one. The pic above shows this quite well...

1 comment:

Steve Gale said...

Happy 1300 to you Stewart. I have most probably read most of them. When will you send out the celebratory tankards to all of your loyal followers?