Monday, February 01, 2010

Jan stats...

I've just been looking at the other blogs and see one or two monthly stats from Dean and Warren and others.

Now its all relative depending on your patch location and size and all that. Tonight I've just been checking the Howick tetrad on the Bird atlas and find that it has 91 winter species during the last couple of years, with almost all records coming from 2 observers ( Julie mostly, with me now). So with that as a base line, January OFFH list has been quite good. I know it extends a mile or so either side of Howick but 88 is a good percentage of the total possible.

I dont know if I'll do this each month, but I might try again in May. Last May I had 92 species locally. That might take some beating...But thats way ahead of myself, what might February bring?

3 comments:

Ipin said...

You're 14 ahead of me!

Warren Baker said...

Thats what I like to see Stewart, a bit of number crunching. :-)

Stewart said...

Ipin - Lay off the drink and get out of bed, a top tip for 2010 :)

Warren - Yes its good isnt it...