Saturday, February 13, 2010

After the rain eased early on this morning the sun came out and, despite the cool breeze, made it a pleasant day. We walked along to the pond field this morning as I havent checked it out since it was frozen. Although there wasnt much happening I added two new additions to my On Foot From Home List. They were 4 Stock Doves, in pairs, in the arboretum and a single Little Grebe on the pond. A few Buzzards were about and very vocal, but I didnt see much else.

The woods here are starting to brighten up with drifts of snowdrops. Always a pleasure to see, another week should see them at their best. They even featured on local BBC news last week here. Howick Hall has so many naturalised galanthus that new forms are being discovered by those in the know...

Tomorrow I might try an early look at the sea before doing an atlas tetrad. There are a couple sea birds to add to my list that aren't too difficult...

No moth trap tonight again. We could do with just one 24 hour period where the temp stays above 5 or 6 degrees. Not long now...

OFFH List 90

No comments: