Sunday, March 22, 2009

How not to go Birding...

Today, and for the past few days, I've been seeing mostly, nowt.

Here is what I have not seen this week....

No Ravens at all.
Dave Elliott's Swallow midweek.
ADMc's Sand Martins at Bothal today.
ST's Chiffchaff at Linton.
Nigel's Great Grey Shrike again at Harwood.
Steve Taylor's Black Redstart at North Blyth.
The Wheatear at Cresswell.
The Glauc in Amble Harbour.

Nope, none of those have graced my notebook this week.

Roll on the days when the alarm goes off and a light SE'rly with rain easing greets me as I leave the house at first light. Or a warm sunny day when dragons and damsels are buzzing after each other over a sheltered pool...

What I can see ahead is some costly chimney scaffolding...


( Pushing the depressing never ending DIY aside, a Peregrine flew low over the car on my way home from work on Thursday and a Barn Owl was glimpsed near Embleton last night )

6 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

That's some chimney you have camouflaged there, none of it visible from the road thirty yards away.

Tricia Ryder said...

Sorry to hear of your "not seen" items. Perhaps when the DIY finally comes to an end you can get out birding again :D

Seaside Observers said...

Thats one heck of a chimney, id hate to be the one to clean it.

foggy said...

your not the only one ive seen nowt cos ive havent been out bloody work.

Stewart said...

Yes you've got me there, its not my chimney. But, its what mine is like in my head...

Oh Tricia I forgot the worst bit. Someone had a Sandwich Tern at Boulmer. Judas.

Tricia Ryder said...

Oh no! That's just toooo much to bare!