Saturday, November 29, 2008

Winter look...

As we have had frost, ice and snow, the Christmas shopping is well done, the days are short and the nights long I thought a change of slide show and header would be in order. I must get the blog list sorted too, I have a couple of new ones to add...

Looking at Northumbrian Birder's blog I see that Cresswell hide had more visitors than Debenhams on Friday. Queue's of Bittern worshippers ( there might be three birds now) are having some success at the minute with the birds showing regularly and quite well too. I might call in on a weekday when the crowds have subsided...

As for that Snow Goose. Its now found new mates with the Pinkfeet at Chevington. I wish it had arrived with some Greenland Whitefronts instead of those Greylags.Thats the thing about rare wildfowl, if they dont come with good supporting credentials we might as well tick Bar headed Geese...

3 comments:

Gavin Haig said...

Cracking Glauc photo! Re. Bar-headed Goose - I am happy to tick any bird that gets me going: "Ooh, isn't that lovely!" Bar-headed Goose had that effect straight away. I still can't bring myself to tick Reed Warbler.

Tricia Ryder said...

Like the new look esp. the Gull! Must investigate your "slidshow".

And I'd be very pleased with a Bar-Headed Goose Stewart :)

Good luck with the Bittern!

Stewart said...

Nice one Gavin, I like your style! I might take note.

Tricia, have a day out at a zoo with a bag of corn and Bar headed Goose is your uncle, along with Ne-Ne, Swan Goose etc

Saying that, its is still quite exciting to find an 'exotic' when you least expect it :)