Friday, September 29, 2006

No sign of any Yellow broweds this morning. Rob had one yesterday at the top of the golfcourse in the wryneck bushes. I think this is the bird he found at the weekend overthere and is probably doing a circuit of the area. This is a good way from the bird I had at Bowmere, so I think it is safe to assume there have been two individuals.

Today the weather is warm and sunny with a clear sky. The wind is very light SSE. I checked the north end, seaton point and the golfcourse bushes. All were very quiet. At the north end, 40+ Skylarks and 4 Reed Buntings were in the stubble as was a fully albino crow. It looked like a little egret in flight and was mobbed by its own kind. Do you think I should put it on the year list as an albino Hooded ! Also 15 and 10 Pink feet flew south and 1 Sandwich Tern was offshore.

No comments: