Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Patch List Update.

Out of interest I decided to go through my Boulmer year list to see if there were any errors. I found that Brent Goose had been ticked twice ( 88 and 132) and I had missed off Goldeneye and Turnstone! So when I remove one and add two that leaves the new total at a pityful 136. Missing expected birds by now are, for example, - 3sp Grebe, 3 Ducks, SEOwl, a few warblers and 2 flycatchers. Plenty to keep me looking really...

Today out with Bunty at dawn down the road to Low Steads had 150 Pink footed Geese S, 200 Starlings and a Buzzard mewing. A Brown Hare was crossing a harrowed field.

Now the forecast looks very good for Friday for some migrants. Easterlies from Russia...not that I'll be getting any, I'm off to Manchester and Liecester this weekend. Please leave me some for Monday...

No comments: