Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Big Garden Birdwatch.

 Sunday morning was calm and fine, a pleasing contrast after the blasting we had on Saturday so we did the garden bird count. I watched the kitchen window, Jane from the other side in the bedroom calling out additions.

Totals from 10.50 - 11.50am.

The list is pretty much as last year but without Great Spotted Woodpecker and Sparrowhawk. Both species are around, just not in the hour we counted.

Its still great to see my second most numerous species after Jackdaw is Tree Sparrow. I have had up to 32 birds this winter but only the 22 today. The RSPB webpage for recording the count doesnt have Tree Sparrows as a standard garden species so I had to add them as an extra with no number. People are telling me it is possible to add them so I'll see if it can be edited.

Some of the cast as seen from the kitchen window...

  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me reaching out in behalf of my son.

I'm contacting you about possibly using the photo of your meadow lawn (posted on Twitter in response to fake grass) in the Spring edition of my 9 year old sons mini-magazine? I showed it to him and he thought it was just amazing.
It is free online resource for kids which - in response to his passion for wildlife - we started this year. Here is the mag: https://humanshavebeenhere.wordpress
.com/

We can't believe the number of downloads we had so, we feel we need to up our game and speak with lots more experts. We want it to be fun, informative and factual.

We would of course credit you and add a link to your website. And, if you are willing to give permission, and if you had time, a quote about how meadows, such as yours, support birds would be just incredible.

Thank you so much for your time.
I hope this doesn't seem too cheeky.

My email is contact@pippaanderson.com

Warmest wishes,

Pippa