Thursday, April 01, 2021

Garden Moths page update

 Along the page bar above I have updated my garden moths page after finding out that I could embed a PDF report showing my whole garden species list with numbers of individuals caught. 

Click here

If you look at the report and click the top right hand corner it opens in a better sized new window.

Below the list I have added some photos of rare and scarce garden species, some may be common moths further south, but are beyond normal range up here.

Enjoy...


Pine Beauty from yesterday morning...


2 comments:

Gibster said...

So it seems you're well overdue another Emperor Moth! They must be in the area though, have you ever tried rearing through a female and hanging her up for incoming lusty males? It really does work, just need a wee breeze to be blowing in the right direction.

Stewart said...

Yes I am, but I dont know what that first female was doing in my garden! I have a lure that I use on the moors not far from us but didnt like to try the garden in case I am dragging males for miles out of their habitat. I might have a go when the weather improves over this month...