Monday, December 20, 2010

Same old, same old....

Off work again due to snow. This will mean another series of late shifts to make the time back up...

So as it was down to somewhere below -6 and it didnt get any warmer than -3 it was time to get out for a wander.

It was a lovely crisp sunny day, but face numbingly cold.

The coast road looking at Seahouses Farm, Howick.

The main road looking west. As you can see, its well gritted.

Howick Burn Mouth. The south end of my patch. Snow on the shore...

I walked down the Long Walk and back via the coast path...

Woodcock were much in evidence again today with at least 14 flushed. I managed to see three or four on the ground before they moved on...This one was at the base of a Yew and allowed two 'walk byes' to get a photo...


Crouching Woodcock...

Also of note were 38 Grey Partridge, 600 Woodpigeon in one field and some viz migging on the walk back-

Skylark 239 S
Brambling 3 S

3+ Snipe and 2 Redshank were on the small Howick Burn near the frozen pond, 3 Yellowhammers were in the Village and 4 Goldeneye were off shore...

When I went to feed the birds in the garden first thing, a Woodcock flushed from near the log pile. 2 Tree Sparrows and 2 Brambling were at the seed.

I wonder if I get to work tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liking the shots of the Woodcock, Stewart.

Stewart said...

Cheers Dean, I saw a few on the deck but only this one gave me five minutes to get a shot before it did a bunk...

Warren Baker said...

nice little haul of goodies today Stewart, could do with one of those woodcock for the December list.

I'll send you up a gritter for a woodcock,, loads dowm here :-)