Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Omen...

(Note due to internet issues this was from Tuesday...)


Something is about to befall us...

Today is Winter Solstice, with a full moon AND a total lunar eclipse. If I were a druid I'd be running for cover now. We're doomed....

I tried to take some photos this morning but they were poor. Probably due to being tired (6.50am), bloody freezing (-10) and inept. So heres one I took earlier...

Near totality, a red glow, March 2007

John Malloy has some real pics on his blog of this mornings show...

Speaking of Omens, I was coming home from work after lunch today when, just north of Widdrington, a tiny Bat flew over the snow and ice covered road in broad daylight. The temp was -2.5. I couldnt be sure but it looked like a Long eared Bat with ears curled back, but my view was very brief.

It could be a warning...   

3 comments:

Warren Baker said...

That bat could have been switching its hibernation roost Stewart. They do that if they get disturbed or if the place they are using gets too cold, they always have a reserve spot :-)

Stewart said...

So its not armageddon then?

oldcrow61 said...

That's a beautiful shot of the moon Stewart and how lovely to see a bat. One of my favorite creatures. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.