Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday...

Was a nice and bright day, so I spent the morning snapping away in the garden...



This Blackbird's nest is in the ivy on our wall...



A patch of Honesty in a shady wild area...



The garden wall is south facing and looking well covered in Ivy leaved Toadflax...



A few tiny bees were creeping around, I think they may be Tawny Mining Bees?



A small patch of Bugle is growing out of the lawn...



I think this is Common Carder Bee?



A raggy Peacock with matching chunks out of each upper wing shows it was attacked with the wings closed...



A male Orange Tip was a nice one in the garden...

Further afield, a dusk sortie added these two to the day list...




Pictures are blurred due to the lack of light...

An excellent day then.

3 comments:

Warren Baker said...

is the bottom pic a pied wagtail stewart . ;-)

Anonymous said...

The abdomen`s not red like Tawny Mining Bee, Stewart. I would plump for Andrena haemorrhoa.

Stewart said...

Warren - Like it....

Dean - Eh? I wish things had english names, I might stand a chance then. Anyway, cheers. I'm not too up on things like this...