Friday, August 08, 2008

Thursday 7th August

As I was finishing work this afternoon the wind seemed to have increased from the north so I decide to pop in to Newbiggin for a seawatch, my first of the year.

17.07 - 18.45 hrs had -

Sooty Shearwater 1
Manx Shearwater 2
Roseate Tern 3 adults
Arctic Skua 1 dark adult
Mediterranean Gul 1 second summer
Common Scoter 6
Teal 3
Grey Plover 1 ad summer

All flew N.

Typical fare for this time of year here...

Tonight -

Walked Bunty around Seaton Point on a very pleasant evening. A Common Sandpiper was feeding on a tiny wet runnel from the dunes onto the beach after last nights rain, 2 Willow Warblers were at Seaton House, 2 Stonechats nearby plus the fields here had a large flock of finches, Greenfinch, Goldfinch and Linnet mixed.

On the pager tonight a Black Stork was in a pasture near Greenside, County Durham. I still need that one...I wonder if it will linger till Sunday? Not likely I bet.

3 comments:

Blyth Birder said...

Rumour has it, that its been around for a couple of weeks now BB.

Rain forecast for the next couple of days......its got a chance to stay.

Stewart said...

No it hasn't. I have a reputation with Storks...

Anonymous said...

It's in Newburn today (Sunday) apparently.