Monday, November 12, 2018

A flexi day off today so loitering around home.

Over the weekend I have borrowed a camera trap from work to see if I can find out who is actually eating the hedgehog meat we put out nightly. I was suspicious that it wasn't just hedgehogs as some will be into hibernation now.

Over two nights we found that 3 local cats are getting into the feeding sanctuary and scoffing the bait before Mrs Tiggywinkle can get a sniff! I've now ammended the feeder box to deter the cat burglars....




Finally a wiggy gets to have a look, but unfortunately all the food has gone...

Hoepfully Mk111 will be better.
A look around the home turf with Peggy today was generally quiet as befitting this time of year, but I did get 27 Pinkfooted Geese S, 5 Crossbills S, Brambling 1, Redpoll 5, Grey Wagtail 1, Stock Dove 1, Snipe 6 and Curlew 48 over head.

I took a walk to a spot visible from our kitchen window that I have never been to before. The hill gave great views east to the North Sea over our village...


3 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Ha, take that furry faces!

Jacqui said...

Hello, Stewart. I am new to your blog. I really enjoyed seeing the nocturnal goings on at your feeding sanctuary. What a good idea to set up a camera. I love cats and I'm fond of hedgehogs too, and it was interesting seeing the opportunism of the felines. Well done for making some tweaks to the feeding station to make it moggy proof!

The Wessex Reiver said...

Love the new banner photo Stewart.