Friday, December 09, 2016

Twelve Photos for 2016...

Amanda at Quiet Walker has set the pace so here are my twelve photos, all of the natural world of some kind, from 2016...

This Arctic Redpoll at Warkorth kept us busy into February from the New Year...

A particularly stroppy Goosander showed very well at DBCP in February...

While feeding the birds, this Toad emerged from the wall in March....
In April this Black Redstart visited Craster Harbour.

My first trip to the USA in May to see this Magnolia Warbler and his mates...

Pleased to see a new Small Pearl Bordered Fritillary colony near home in June....
Hi Summer in July across the Alnwick hills...

August evening moth trapping in the garden...
A pristine Pink barred Sallow in September...

What else, but a Siberian Accentor in October, this the Northumberland bird and my second of the month.

A Waxwing November....
And a festive Robin for December...
I could have had a few for each month really but these are some nice ones to be going on with...

7 comments:

Steve Gale said...

Oh, what a good idea.... (Note to self, nick it!!)

Ragged Robin said...

Great selection of photos Stewart - you have had a good year! :) Gazing at the waxwing with envy - still waiting for them to arrive down here! :)

Coquetnaturelover said...

That's a good idea. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to see a shorelark yet but I do have a good photo of a red-breasted fly catcher (taken on Holy Island) that I could include. You should consider doing a post "12 sketches" too!

Amanda Peters said...

Thanks for the mention, what a wonderful year you've had. Many great birds. Bet you found it hard to chose one photo for the month. So enjoy your photography, bring on 2017...
Amanda xx

Stewart said...

Cheers All oh and I might try to find 12 sketches too!

abbey meadows said...

They are all nice pics Stew and I know there could be more but I do like the Robin.

Stewart said...

Thanks Nigel....