Saturday, August 13, 2016

New Moth

I was over the moon to find this lovely Dusky Sallow Eremobia ochroleuca as the very first moth out of the trap this morning. It is the first for VC68 and only the 4th for Northumberland. County Recorder Tom Tams thought it might even be the most northerly UK record to date!

Its not often I get a new macro moth for the garden these days, but there may have been two new species in this mornings trap but the jury is still out an a particular Pug that I fancied may be Slender? [Consensus seems to agree with me, Slender Pug it is, a two new macro day can't be bad!]




Dusky Sallow
Slender Pug, another new species for me and the garden....

1 comment:

Steve Gale said...

Nice work there Stewart. I believe that you are correct on the pug having seen the photo on Twitter.