Sunday, July 10, 2016

Some moths...

Its a while since I've had some garden moths on here so here goes...

The view from the garden as night falls...

True Lover's Knot

Ingrailed Clay

Green Pug

Buff Arches ( you have to take its photo every year...)

Clouded Brindle
Its been a poor mothing year in the garden. I cant get the trap on as often as usual due to morning work commitments, then we've had cool wet and windy weather since early May, but its still nice to see some old favourites returning again...

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Some lovely moths there Stewart - not been putting out the moth trap much myself this year - combination of wet weather, holidays and lack of motivation as when I have trapped I am catching so few species!

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Moth's names are far more evocative than butterflies