Sunday, December 21, 2014

Winter Solstice.

I am pleased to say that the longest night of the year is upon us. For the next few days, the actual day length remains pretty much constant but soon after new year things start to improve. I don't mind the winter but the dark nights are depressing. This month I don't seem to have lifted my binoculars due to various other commitments during the short hours of daylight. So, in an attempt to 'celebrate' the solstice I will be burning a log or Yule on the fire, and will be keeping the fire on all night to welcome a return of the sun.

Happy Yule everyone...

Winter Solstice 2009...
 

3 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

love the picture, wonder what loves living on that snowy ground

Amanda Peters said...

Beautiful photo and bring on the sun..
Happy Christmas love Amanda xx

oldcrow61 said...

The same to you Stewart. Lovely photo.