Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Decorating....



This weekend has been spent doing something I should have done ages ago - decorating! What a chore that is, too, but I took yesterday and today off work to get the living room blitzed  and I'm glad to say its almost done. When you work all week, its hard to fit in stuff like this at a weekend when you are busy doing important stuff like birding or mothing for example!

Whilst I have been covered in emulsion, up a ladder, I've missed a load of Poms, Little Auks, Rough legged Buzzards and a showy Richards Pipit up at Newton Point, but at least I've got a chore done.

So what have I seen during dog walks. Not a lot really. A lone Little Auk sat on the sea this morning, thousands of Pink footed Geese over the garden on Sunday ( all day), the white throated Stonechat on the coast path, and two very late Red Admirals this afternoon in our village. When winter comes we are in for a shock...



4 comments:

Johnnykinson said...

Do you reckon that's the same Stonechat that John (Howdon Blogger) and i saw that Saturday morning when we came up for the Deaths-head Hawkmoth.It was very distinctive......any thoughts on it. Just a touch of luecism ?

Stewart said...

Yes thats the one John. Its just a partial albino, any bird can show it. You want to see the Robin at Longhoughton, its wearing a toon strip!

JWR said...

I had a Blackie with one complete white wing in the Coquet Est, very odd. Nice to see a Butterfly in Nov Stew..

oldcrow61 said...

Lovely pictures Stewart.