Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Northumberland List update...

I've just had an email update from Alan Jack, who tells me his list is 344. He could well be in second place in the 'league' being just one behind Tom Tams on 345 who may or may not be the title holder.

WeBs recorder, Steve Holliday, once talked about getting people to submit lists, so here is another call to all Northumberland birders who keep a county list. If you are a keen Northumberland lister go on get your totals on Bubo for all to see. Its no good it just being a rumour...

If you do take this on, the site asks for dates and sites for your rare species. I did the same for the scarceties up here ie Turtle Dove, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker etc so I think this would be a good idea to enable a free and open comparison.

And remember, its not serious its just a light weight go at adding some interest and competition into your listing!

Mmmmmm, I wonder what 23 species seperate me from the gold medal?  And how many people are between me and the top place? More than 23 I'll bet...

2 comments:

Steve Gale said...

Caspian Gull, Serin....

Stewart said...

Caspian is just waiting to be found I reckon. I think I had one at Boulmer once but didnt realise until I got home! Bugger. As for Serin, you have no idea what kind of county twitch that would be...Rarer than Fea's Petrel here.