Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Kleeping Oykers!

Sitting here at my computer half an hour ago a commotion outside seemed to be getting louder? I could hear Oystercatchers 'kleeping' away to each other and I thought it must be a family party. Then, our Lovebird near the window called back and the Oykers got even louder so I thought I'd take a look to see what the racket was about.

An OSPREY was circling, not 50 feet above our neighbour Julie's garden! I shouted in a panic to Jane then rushed outside. The bird was slowly going south and appeared to land in the Village Wood or near the pond field. The local kids out playing had great views of it, its just a pity I couldnt get the camera on time...

If you are on the Northumberland coast tomorrow keep a look out cos I'm sure our bird will be coming your way....

Another belter for the garden list ( seen from inside the house list!!!).

OFFH List 135.

3 comments:

Ghost of Stringer said...

Oh dear.... If I'd have stayed at Newton for a couple of hours longer this evening I might have got a patch tick there !

Great garden tick Stewart !

Ipin said...

Nice one! I'll be keeping my open, I'm on your patch tomorrow, walking from Warkworth to Craster with TAC

Warren Baker said...

Isn't it great when the birds come and visit you, instead of you yomping out miles to find them :-)

Nice one!