Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Bluethroats?

Anyone seen the forecast for the weekend?

Friday 7th May, North Easterlies....Now, if it had been the following Friday, the 14th, I'm sure a Union Jack waistcoated chat or two would have graced our coastline...

I always think that 12th - 22nd May is the optimimum time for a Northumberland Bluethroat. This weekend might just be a stretch too far...


Unless you think differently....

Try - Chare Ends, Excavations, Snook on Holy Island, Football Hole ( Gary) or Bamburgh or Hauxley or Newbiggin Golf Course or St Mary's Island ...or get a boat to the Farnes.

5 comments:

Ipin said...

I hope that you are right but...PLEASE...let there be one at Duridge! It'd be a new bird for the patch for me!

Ghost of Stringer said...

GIMME GIMME GIMME !!

abbey meadows said...

As I was reading I was thinking the Farnes is the likely place but you stuck that on the end. Anywhere would do...a nice OFFTH for yourself.

Warren Baker said...

No chance here then stewart :-(

Emma Anderson said...

What an excellent bird to see, Stewart.