Friday, November 13, 2009

Disaster!

More depressing news Stew the Cresswell Otter got snagged on something yesterday and drowned. Three observers including Eddie Slack could only watch on helplessly as it struggled in the middle of the pond.

Nigel at Abbey Meadows left this comment for me. What an absolute disaster. I'm so pleased I wasn't there, I would have had to wade across...I hope that there is another male to replace him. I think the one at Cresswell was the dog?

On a more pleasant note ,yesterday and today, a nice winter male Brambling has been in the garden at our feeders with the Chaffinches. It is proving quite elusive though, but hopefully I'll manage a picture or two over the weekend.

A short walk with Bunty this morning as far as the pond field and back had 4 female Bullfinches, 4 Siskins, 5 Buzzards, 1 Sparrowhawk and 5 Teal. Not bad in 20 minutes from door to door..

1 comment:

PCF said...

Bad news indeed.
Found this link whilst doing some local research which may interest you
http://www.ukrigs.org.uk/html/esos.php?page=BOU4briefing&menu=boumain