Friday, March 27, 2009

Birding!!

Nearly....


Above - On the way home from work these two summer plumaged Mediterranean Gulls caught my eye on the River Coquet when I was stuck at traffic lights just before Warkworth...



Above - What do you mean 'where'? Look here they are!



Above - Incase you still doubt it...

:) Not the best views but I'm pleased I stopped for a few minutes to scan the flock. As well as the displaying Meds there was a Lesser black backed Gull, 4 Gadwall, and 4 Goldeneye.

I assume these Med Gulls are the ones from Amble Harbour and the same ones seen by JWR just south of the Aln estuary to the north, but who knows...

Right thats enough of that, back to floor tiling...

2 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

I keep trying to check those very same birds but the lights keep changing too quick for me to scan the whole flock.

Stewart said...

I cheated and pulled into the gateway to the grit dump or what ever it is at the bottom of the bank....