Thursday, April 12, 2007

This morning dawned quite foggy in north Northumberland, but this was soon dispersed by the sun.

On my way to work my first Swallow of the year was on wires near the Coach Inn, Lesbury. I wonder if it was the grocer's?

This evening we have just taken Bunty on her walk along the old airfield at Boulmer. Three Roe Deer strolled off into a golden haze over the fields long before we got anywhere near. They casually hopped over a wire fence, from a standing start, with effortless ease.

On the return walk a flock of 5 Swallows and a Sand Martin came from nowhere and moved steadily south east, plainly having just arrived from warmer climes.

It looks as if spring proper has finally arrived...

Im off work tomorrow so I'll be out to see if any other migrants have arrived.

97. Sand Martin.
98. Swallow.

5 comments:

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

How come I haven't seen a swallow yet> Snot fair!

Stewart said...

Too far North. You'll get one tomorrow if you look...

Stewart said...

M, my comment there looks very snotty when I read it back. Apologies, I'm not really like that. I think its when I type in note form?

Sorry.

Gone said...

So SS really stands for Snotty Stewart then :)

ST said...

No swallows here yet.
Must be following coast,the ones who nest here, usually arrive on the 18th